Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread

3 posters

Go down

Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread Empty Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread

Post  Admin Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:41 am

Last night was an interesting introduction to the Lightning League out at Chelmer. The first game we lost 1-0 but dominated in patches and didnt really play the smartest...

We backed that up with a 5-0 win which was a lot stronger in terms of structure, passing, movement and most importantly subbing!

Goals went to Steve O'Malley 2, Julian Muller 2 & Ryan Ginard 1.

Results and tables attached below.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/12/24/98/17/result10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/12/24/98/17/tables10.jpg
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://sufc.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread Empty Re: Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread

Post  Steve OMalley Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah once we got the personel in the right positions we really started to get cranking. Highlight of the night had to be jules' headed goal, I mean seriously what an effort to get above a bloke and head down past the keeper into those small goals. Brilliant !!
Mind you the cross was world class Razz
Some vintage SUFC passing play in the lead up to that goal.

Lets get some more wins this friday lads ! Three from Three in one night Twisted Evil
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread Empty Re: Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread

Post  Ginsy Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 am

Friday rd 2 was a long long night. 2 1/2 hours getting bitten by mozzies was not fun and nor was standing round cooling down in between games.

My tone obviously shows that there was a mixed bag of results...1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss.

first game saw us get up 3-0 with myself bagging trois.

second game was 0-0 vs Kenmore in a game we dominated.

third game saw us go down 2-1. SKOM with the deft flick off a corner. They were good, quick and fresher than us and got two really quick goals...

These results see us just outside the 8 but still positive about making the finals. Goal difference is high and defence is tight so that might come in handy at the business end of the season.

2 games this Friday so if your keen to come for a look we will be at Chelmer with games at 7pm and 7:30pm
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:41 am

Tables here...

Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread Tables11
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OMalley Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:36 am

Ginsy wrote:third game saw us go down 2-1. SKOM with the deft flick off a corner. They were good, quick and fresher than us and got two really quick goals...

lol Ginsy, my middle name is Craig, therefore it's SCOM ! Razz

Aaaaanyway lets get stuck in this friday and get two from two. 120% effort from everyone and we will come up trumps.

ps - My second pair of Tunit boots arrived from the UK today, they may well get a run in one of the games ! ala - Dan Blake
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OMalley Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:49 am

So for those who are following the results, round 3 of lightning league saw us come away with two 1-1 draws.

The first game I felt we dominated, we had their defence & keeper working overtime by utilising my pace up front, their keeper was earning his corn impressively keeping out an early barrage of shots from myself, ray & ronan but against the run of play they somehow managed to get in a cross which was headed down past a sprawling Ryan Ginard deputising in goal. SUFC then upped the intensity chasing an equaliser and we were rewarded with virtually the last kick of the game.
Keith put his body on the line to win the ball in a crunching tackle after some great hustling by everyone, the ball fell to my feet and I managed to blag a pacey dribble into the box before sidefooting into the bottom corner.
The full time buzzer went off on the restart leaving us pretty happy to get out with a draw but feeling we should have had more.

The second game saw Dave's arrival to retake his spot between the sticks & Ryan take his natural position back out in the field. This game was reasonably even but I feel we were a little drained. Never the less we took a 1st half lead thanks to a flash of brilliance from Ryan and some desire shown by little ray ray !!
A through ball splitting the defence saw ray bearing down on goal with two defenders on his tail. A slightly heavy first touch brought the keeper out whose attempted tackle/clearence smashed into Ray's legs and the ball lodged nicely in the back of the net. A nice reward for a player long overdue a goal !
As the match wore on our energy levels and concentration dropped. Our tempers however continued to increase as we were continously fouled only to see the ref wave play on. None more so rediculous than a two footed slide on Ronan (i think) which went unpunished & multiple late shoulders on myself chasing down 50/50 balls.
So it came as no suprise our tempers hit boiling point when a soft free kick was given to the opposition, a scuffed shot was somehow turned in at the far post leaving us all feeling just a little hard done by.

So this now leaves us in eight spot with a few weeks to go. It seems we have a few of the lesser teams coming up so our progress into the finals should hopefully be forthcoming. Judging by the effort and desire shown by all the lads I think we could go a fair way if luck is on our side. A tasty match up against our peace cup rivals the Tigers should be the highlight of the coming weeks - romour has it the cup may be offered on a double or nothing basis to add to the occasion !

Steve O'Malley, Sky News.
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Half-way through the Lightning League now and had a disappointing Friday outing. A draw and a loss which see's us drop out of the eight.

going to be tough going now but i reckon we can beat most of the teams here if we are up for the game.

Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread Result10

Lightning League 2010 Results/Tables Thread Tables10
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down