Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday 16/04/10 Results

2 posters

Go down

Friday 16/04/10 Results Empty Friday 16/04/10 Results

Post  Warren Rice Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 am

Well gents......

Last night saw my guys go down fighting with a 6:3 loss. By the end of it we had 4 players out injured and the remainder running out of steam and heavy chested from the incoming cold weather and still a little lack of fitness.

The first half finished with us trailing 3:2 after a goal by goal battle with many an attempt at the hole from us and holding our opposition in their half the majority of the time with some very nice football. Linton can take credit for the first goal with a lovely shot from the dot. The second going to Scotti with a beautiful cross from the side-line that went straight over the keeper's head and into the back corner of the net.

The start of the second half allowed us to regain that 1 goal difference with a beautiful show of football by all and Linton finishing with a slip of the ball past the keeper. Unfortunately, I was behind the dog box organising a player change when I heard the news and given the run down so please correct me if my account is wrong.

From there 1 more was scored a lengthy time after our equalizer allowing our opposition to regain their control. But that didn't stop us fighting though. We held them at bay for the most part of the second half and around the last 10 mins they got the better of our dwindling numbers and health and with 2 final goals they claimed their victory.

I must thank you all for your efforts. I am very proud. With more training and time we should be able to make this league keep it's eyes open when competing against us.

Take care. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. And please keep me up-to-date with injury news and updates.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Friday 16/04/10 Results Empty Re: Friday 16/04/10 Results

Post  Nolan Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:41 am

hey warren, calf muscle swelled significantly over night and now its the size of a melon
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Rice Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks for the update Matt. Sorry to hear it went that way. If we saw any swelling last night I wouldv'e got you some ice. Unfortunately it only seemed like a fairly minor injury. Try bandaging it firmly but not over-tight to the point of cutting off the circulation. This will minimise any further swelling and get to the doctor/physio ASAP.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down