Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixtures - Round 4

2 posters

Go down

Fixtures - Round 4 Empty Fixtures - Round 4

Post  Warren Rice Mon May 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Here they are gents.......

Remember though, some of the players listed we know won't be playing. I'm just listing you all so everyone knows what's going on.

Division 1 vs UQ Fifths @ UQ St Lucia, Oval 2, Field 1 (6:30pm KO)

Keith Hutchinson
Ryan Ginard
Ronan Geoghegan
Scott Muir
Daniel Blake
Patrick Matchett
Steve O'Malley
Richard Hill
Nick Zimmermann
Chris Zimmermann
Ashley Sullivan
Andy Nutton
Luke Van Kuyck
Mitch Neuendorf
Mike Roy
Finn McCarthy-Adams
Brian Wilson
Andrew Brown
Matthew Nolan
Paul Saiyasane
Steve Mairs

Division 2 vs QLD Buffers Utd @ Brisbane Force SC, 315 Freeman Rd, Richlands (7:30pm KO)

Phil Gregory
James Stalker
Nathan Kaarndorp
David Shaw
Lachlan Andrews
Ray Wrobel
Luke Donaldson
Rob Hernandez
Luis Chalon
Jonathon Lopez
Paul Sciberras
Niyi Ishola
Linton Noon
Ben Sullivan
Brad Butcher
Justin Pereira
Quoc Dinh
Matthew Furner
Bruce Pomate
Michael Weier
Gerson Cuevas

Good luck to everyone.......
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 4 Empty Round 4 Results

Post  Warren Rice Sat May 22, 2010 2:05 am

Well Gents....

The Div 1 boys were rained out last night unfortunately. But due to Div 1's team spirit, the Div 2 team had plenty of support. Thankyou greatly for that.

Last night brought some great football in the way of relaxed play, strong team play, lovely ball skills, etc. - everything that should be seen on the park when our club plays.

Because of your efforts the Div 2 team saw a huge 7:0 win against the QLD Buffers Utd squad - in my opinion the better of the two Buffers teams in this Div. The goals going to Bobbie for 1 with his strike from in front of the net with little competition, Matt Furner for 1 with his flick of the foot pushing it through a tiny hole in our oposition, Matt Nolan for 1 with his redirection past an unsuspecting keeper from an awesome cross from almost at the sideline, Jonno for 1 with his beautiful penalty shot, Luis for 2 with his usual deadly force at the keepers expense, and I must not forget to mention the opening goal of the night being an own goal from the Buffers - thanks for your help to win Buffers Razz

Well done guys. Thankyou all for your efforts.

And thankyou to those who helped with the setup and shutdown of the field due to another balls-up from the league and their organisational skills.

Now, I have been asked to be the fines master for our Div 2 team. I'm not sure how good a job I will do but I'll do my best. If anyone else wants the job just let me know Very Happy

Saying this, I have only a small number of fines to hand out:

Lachlan - for the most flailing arms I have ever seen someone have when running. I think your opponent was too scared to go for the ball. Good job mate.
Phil - for forgetting the key song to Luis' success until he scored his second goal. He may have got his hat-trick if you sang it earlier.
Ash - for taking that many shots at goal and not scoring one. So close yet so far away.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 4 Empty Re: Fixtures - Round 4

Post  John Rice Sat May 22, 2010 6:34 am

Hey guys.A well performed game by all and i believe that the rivalry between the two so called home clubs is going to become grudge matches and will be very competitive and tough. This includes the 1st division team as well.
Now to the fines. Warren left one out. I think we should fine their goalie for being out of his area and creaming Mitch with the intention of stopping him and not the ball.
Well done again boys. Keep the ball rolling.
John Rice
John Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 4 Empty Re: Fixtures - Round 4

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down