Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixtures - Round 8

4 posters

Go down

Fixtures - Round 8 Empty Fixtures - Round 8

Post  Warren Rice Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:01 am

Division 1 vs Kingsridge Logan United SC @ Gould Adams Park, Kingston Rd, Kingston (7:30pm KO)

Keith Hutchinson
Ryan Ginard
Ronan Geoghegan
Scott Muir
Dan Blake
Pat Matchett
Steve O'Malley
Rich Hill
Nick Zimmermann
Chris Zimmerman
Ash Sullivan
Andy Nutton
Luke Van Kuyck
Mitch Neuendorf
Mike Roy
Finn McCarthy-Adams
Brian Wilson
Matt Nolan
Paul Saiyasane
Steve Mairs

Division 2 vs Loganholme Thunder @ Loganholme SC, Cornubia Park, Bryants Rd, Loganholme (8:30pm KO)

Phil Gregory
James Stalker
Nathan Kaandorp
David Shaw
Lachlan Andrews
Ray Wrobel
Luke Donaldson
Rob Hernandez
Luis Chalon
Jonathon Lopez
Paul Sciberras
Niyi Ishola
Linton Noon
Michael Haddrick
Justin Pereira
Matt Furner
Bruce Pomate
Michael Weier

Remember, we do know some of the above listed will not be able to make the game for numerous reasons. However, just remind us just in case we're having an old-timers moment and forget.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 8 Empty Results

Post  Warren Rice Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Well Gents. Div 2 saw another loss tonight. The final score being 8:5.

We went in strong, got 1 up in the early stages, then lost our way for a short while giving our opponents just enough room to retaliate. Shortly after, we regained with another goal and finished up going into half time 3:2 down. Unfortunately, when we came back on in the second half we had lost our fire. Our opponents ran their own game and the frustration soon set in. However, after probably 20 mins and losing Mick to a red card for checking a man in the box while trying to protect his goal, something switched back on and it was on for all. The structure was all over the shop but no-one let up. We hit them where it hurts.....the net. We retaliated with 3 goals finishing the game like we started it.....strong.

Our goal scorers were:

Michael H for 2 (nice job for your debut game)
Justin for 1 (well done)
Matt F for 1 (well done)
Paul for 1 (well done)

There was some good football played on and off throughout the match, lads. Remember, keep it simple. You don't have to play hard, just play smart. The guidance I give you is the same every week for a good reason. I don't just give it because I like to hear myself talk. If you just listen to me as well as each other and strive to play the simple and smart game, we should see those wins return to where they belong......with us.

Thank you all for your efforts. Better luck to us next game.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 8 Empty Re: Fixtures - Round 8

Post  John Rice Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:48 am

Well done boys. 5 goals to 1 'aint all bad except for the 1 against us, next time we keep it a ZERO, agreed?
This week we started with a bang, well done, it's only taken 8 rd's but at least we now can do it against any of our oppositions. Problem is, we don't keep it tight, fast, low, and organised and if we don't, teams will punish us. We have talent, speed, direction, but, what you boys are lacking in is what you get board at training with, and that my friends is, fitness. I call it as i see it fellows and the last 2 games, we have got tired. What do you all think??
Passing was good but needed crispness. What the hell is he talking about you might think, well, come to training so we can practice it. 8 to12 out of 40 of you at training is a little discouraging don't you think?
Goal were scored this week by ; Steve 'o and Ashley with 2 each and of course, Mr Dynamite Boots, Blakey with 1. Ashley at this time in the season has 17 goals SO FAR. I was going to offer a challenge to any of you who could out shoot him for this season with maybe a bottle of black label JIM BEAN, but, I think that my bottle is safe unless!!!!!!!!!!
Last night, for the first time this year, was hard for me to pick my 3,2,1, because you all played the same level of football and this is, I hope, a good thing that you are all coming up to form, congrats to you Very Happy .
John Rice
John Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:36 am

hey guys, somehow i managed to strain a medial ligament on my knee from friday nights game. If anyone has any information on when I did it, could you let me know because i have no idea. I should be out for 1-2 weeks.

btw, good effort from the team on friday. Skill wise i think we are superior than most of our opponents. It just comes down to patience and composure and could someone please finish one of my through balls. I get a dollar an assit, thanks i have a pug to feed.

ill see ya on fri night at the game. I just live literally around the corner so there i will be hosting a west life themed party. Andy will be coming as brian mcfadden.

pps: just wondering if the fines committee will be the reviewing the no goal gesture by ash. I mean it was a unicef moment but if we miss out on finals by goal difference i know who i am blaming. Wink

just my thoughts.

Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Blake Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:41 am

Im going to say when you jumped out of the car in a hurry because you were about 10 mins late

Just my thought
Daniel Blake
Daniel Blake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:25 am

fair point blakely, but karma knows why i was late. he hasnt paid up yet tho.
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down