Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.

3 posters

Go down

Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.  Empty Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.

Post  Nolan Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:27 am

Springfield Utd 2 - Ipswich City 5

A hot Ipswich afternoon greeted us for our first pre season game for The season. It justified my decision to hang the boots and pick up the clipboard and stopwatch. The result was never a priority as all I wanted was to see you guys have a run and get used to playing with each other. 

The first half provided the main highlights of our first game away from the blue card world of commercial football. Even though it wasn't pretty, Ryan "Killshot" Ginard provided the first goal of the season as he eventually drove the ball into the net after after Ipswich failed to deal with an expertly worked set move from a corner. In retrospect the shot on steve o Malley during the goal celebration was probably better but you can take any goal you can get. Not long after the first goal, we hit the lead via an outstanding goal from the other striker  steve o'malley. Many touchline experts believe it was cross but seeing as though there was no one in the box we have to trust our frontman on this occasion. The fact that he was still playing after the previous goal celebration made this goal remarkable. 

Even though the scoreline got a bit ugly  towards the end it was an important experience as everyone got through the struggle and will be better for it. My contacts at the bureau confirmed that it was a sweltering 37 degrees in Ipswich so even though it didn't feel like it was worth it, I saw a lot of promise. Pre season is supposed to look and feel ugly. I'll finish the report by mentioning that Cokey's ability bring down someone twice his size got my sports tonight play of the day. 

Matt Nolan. 
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.  Empty New Formation

Post  lukesherwin6 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 am

The new formation of 4 - 0 - 6 in the late 3rd and 4th quarters sadly failed to yield results for SUFC but many believe should there have been any counter attacks there would be more goals on the board than the lonely 2 from Ryan "Killshot" Ginard and Steve "No, i swear it was a shot" O'Malley

Play of the Day goes to Frankie for staying at home because it was too f**king hot!!
lukesherwin6
lukesherwin6

Back to top Go down

Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.  Empty Re: Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.

Post  Ginsy Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:22 pm

i remember shooting someone before SCOM and he didnt go down...a bit of pre-season rust i need to get out of my system!
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.  Empty Re: Match report v Ipswich city - Feb 5th.

Post  Nolan Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:13 am

Well make sure you alert people to the celebration so people understand that they should go down when they are a victim of the Killshot.
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down