Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rd 19 vs Brisbane Force

4 posters

Go down

Rd 19 vs Brisbane Force Empty Rd 19 vs Brisbane Force

Post  Ginsy Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 am

Lads,

a couple of things...

Training is on tonight so make sure if you can attend, you do attend. Heading into the last few games of the season we need to start getting momentum and combinations down pat.

Game this Friday vs Brisbane Force. 6:30pm Kick Off, Away at CJ Greenfields Oval, Freeman Rd, Inala. Let us know if you are available
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Rd 19 vs Brisbane Force Empty Re: Rd 19 vs Brisbane Force

Post  Warren Rice Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:20 pm

G'day guys.

I just want to apologise for not being able to stay at training tonight. I have the flu.......need I say more?

Anyway, I'm going to bed.

Take care and hopefully I'll see you Friday night.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:16 am

Team for tonights game as selected by Joey 'Dream Maker' Derbyshire;

Ryan Ginard
Richard Hill (welcome back!)
Joey Derbyshire
Ronan Geoghegan
Nick Zimmermann
Steve O'Malley
Dan Blake
Scotti Muir
Luke Sherwin
Maurice Gamble
Julian Muller
Pat Matchett
Rory Tinsley
Tom Brunsden
Nathan Kaandorp
Nathan Zimmer (c)

If we win tonight vs the 6th place (only team that can overtake us for a finals spot) we will be playing finals footy in our first season! If you still want to come down tonight to support please bring your boots just in case we have people drop out at the last minute.
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:36 am

The Div 1 lads secured a spot in the finals with a comfortable 3-1 win away to Brisbane Force.

They are now the first Sprigfield Utd team to ever secure finals football, so a huge congratulations to everybody involved with the club for acheiving this feat.

Wit a few injuries we had a bit of a reshuffle with the WAGS batchelor of the year, Dan Blake stabbing his best mate Ronan in the back and stealing his position at sweeper. IThis game also saw the welcome return of Rich Hill to provide some height and grunt to the engine room.

The pitch took some getting used to especially with the ball zipping across the wet surface but when we finally got the ball on the ground and switched the play up from left to right we started skinning their sluggish backline. It wasnt the best half of football we have seen from the blues but a neat passage of play saw Mo Gamble race through and slot home the opener (HT 1-0)

Second half saw us open the scoring after the first couple of minutes...A precise long ball down the line from Jules saw Ginsy sprint down the line like a gazelle escaping the clutches of a hungry cheetah and cut back in at the last minute to beat the keeper at his near post. In what was confused scenes for the next 30 seconds, everyone was wondering if it had indeed gone in. Ginsy couldnt be bothered celebrating because he felt embarrassed for their keeper, but it had indeed gone in and SUFC were 2-0 up and cruising.

Our wing play went up a gear and with the backline looking cool, calm and collected it was only a matter of time that we put them to the sword. I cant even remember whether the penalty came from a handball or foul but what was to follow was one of those random things we come to expect from Junior.

As we couldnt decide on who would take said penalty we had a paper, scissors, rock off between junior and Ginsy...at 3 games all and no winner in sight, Junior caved in under pressure and handed kicking duties to Ginsy (who might i add is 100% from the spot this year). He stepped up and slotted home with ease and SUFC was heading to the finals and 3-0.

Force then scored a goal that nobody really cared about to make it 3-1.

The whistle went, there were high fives all around and now we can rest up our injuries and cast our thoughts to finals time and a probable elimination battle with Brisbane City. cheers

PS this report was in no way biased to Ryan Ginard.
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OMalley Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:14 am

lol gotta love biased reporting Razz

You forgot to mention the two very easy chances Mr Ginard missed after being put in the clear by me twice. Granted one should have been a penalty !

I think the midfield diamond of Mo, Me & Rich was deadly, the one two with Mo and Myself for the first goal was something you would see from the likes of torres and gerrard ! (i'll be torres coz im better looking!)

The penalty was for a handball too, Mo was in the process of lining up one hell of a volley as it clipped the blokes arm. Probably a good thing too as I would have had to take evase action quick smart !

Bring on the finals because this team is ready to roll and finding form.
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:06 am

hey steve don't you mean a triangle? i'm sure a diamond has 4 points???
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:52 pm

You two boys should stop bleeting.. and do it only in private.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OMalley Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:48 am

Ginsy wrote:hey steve don't you mean a triangle? i'm sure a diamond has 4 points???

haha yes good point ! thats what ya get for sneaking posts in at work Embarassed
mind you maaaaybe i was counting myself as two !? Razz
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down