Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Div 2

2 posters

Go down

Div 2 Empty Div 2

Post  Paul S Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Well Friday night lads what a game, from the start of the night in the change room until the end of the game leaving together made me felt like I belong to a team. I even heard players laughing, so what I want to write about is on each and everyone of the you guys in the Div 2 team and I will start from the back line to the forwards.
Goalkeeper - Mick what a game from you between the sticks, they were shoot left right and centre at you and the only way they got past you for all there goals were from 6 yards out. I seen a person in goal with a lot more confidence on Friday night and you will only grow with more games under your belt. I would like to thank you for your effort
Sweeper - Linton your control of the ball and the direction you were giving the back line was great, even after a big night before. This has been something we have been missing in the back line and I have to say what a great first goal which put us in the lead. I would like to thank you for your efforts
Right Back - Phil you played a great game and what made it so great was that you played out of postion but didn't complain and said you wanted to give it a go,you caved them up down the right hand side and at one stage before half time make a 60m run down the wing with them trying to kick and trip you over but you stood strong and kept going, we will miss you on the field next week from the RED card you got. I would like to thank you for your effort
Left Back - Stalks another outstanding game from you on the left hand side your support play with the midfield was great and I can actually hear you talking out there and calling for the ball when you were unmarked. I would like to thank you for your effort
Stopper - Dave what can I say about the ragging bull but you played a FULL solid 90min in the middle of defence and you did everything the team and I asked of you. Your control on knowing when you had to clear the ball out and when you had time to pass the ball out was the best I have seen you play all year and I will like to thank you for your efforts
Right Half - Matt we are putting this down for goal of the year so far and it wasn't just the finish from 20yrds out but it was good. It was the passing we had done to more the ball forward from the backs threw the midfield then for me to hear you call for the ball when I couldn't see you then you running onto the pass and smashing it past there goal keeper to put as back on leave terms of 2 all. I would like to thank you for you efforts.
Left Half - Ray you chased back in defence and attacked up the left hand side and your communication with Stalks out there was great you played a 1-2s took on you man and even got a few ball into the middle, I would like to thank you for your efforts.
Centre Midfield - Well there was me not going to say much for a change but what a ball to Matt to score that goal.
Centre Midfield - Nathan we where short players and you put your hand up to play you did what you could with your injury and you stood up for the team, I would like to thank you for your efforts.
Forward - Bobbie you started as forward and played midfield full, back and every where you could imagine. What I liked the most was your half time speech, at half time we all as a team heard you speak with confidence and a game plain. Your efforts on the field where outstanding and your support play with Justin up front we could off been leading 3 nil in the first 20min, I would like to thank you for your efforts
Forward - Justin Like always you put in 100% into you game every week, you were unlucky to miss several open and 1 on 1 with the keeper in the first 20mins but you kept trying, your commitment to this team shows every time you put your boots on and you run out on to the field, I would like to thank you for your efforts.
I would like to thank Lachie for bring our jerseys and other equipment to the game and I hope your Mum is OK.
There is another play I do want to mention, you come to the game late BRAD and had a hissie fit on the field because you didn't like what I had to tell you and I can tell you I want aplogise for what I said or the way I said it I need my voice to be heard out on that field. Enjoy your early retiement.
I would also like to thank Warren for giving me the rains just sorry we didn't come away with the win.

To sum it all up I enjoyed the game and playing on Friday night we played as a team with pride and conviction for our self and each other and at the end of the game we all talk about it and even had a good laugh even after coming away with a 4-2 loss

P.S. ONE TEAM,] ONE DREAM

Paul S

Back to top Go down

Div 2 Empty Re: Div 2

Post  Warren Rice Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 am

Well gents.....from what I just read it seems you all came out as winners even though the score didn't reflect that. WELL DONE!!!!!

Thank you all for your efforts and helping Paul run the show for me.

We'll give those Taki Kings another scare next time, but BIGGER.

CONGRATS!!!!
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum