Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rd 9 results

3 posters

Go down

Rd 9 results Empty Rd 9 results

Post  Ginsy Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Div 1 defeated QLD Buffers 5-2 (HT 1-0)

Goals to Paul Abbey (2), Ginsy (2) and Reuben

The pitch was very difficult to play on with the ball zipping off the ground at 100 mph. After an average first half the boys played quick 1-2's and that split the defence open. Steve O'Malley and Dan Blake's workrate was second to none and with a possible goal of the season from Paul the 3 points were always coming our way.

When i left about 20 mins in the div 3 boys were 1-0 down but look a lot more structured and were playing good tough football. The weather got worse and worse and will be a mudbowl about now...

any one care to add?
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Rd 9 results Empty Re: Rd 9 results

Post  Warren Rice Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:07 am

Unfortunately, us Ressies went down 6-2. Your right, the weather kept getting worse and both teams were finding it hard to control the ball and/or keep their footing. We kept the fight on all game. We had a split team at the beginning with a select few playing the ball the bulk of the time. After HT though, we pulled it together and played as one. We just weren't lucky enough to come out on top in the end.

The goals went to Jules (from a awesome free kick from half way that went straight over the keepers head - well done) and Nathan (gave a great shot from the penalty dot - well done).

I must add, although the Taki Kings played just as hard, I found them to have great sportmanship. Great bunch of guys, at least the guys I was playing near.

Thanks guys for your effort and for the assistance of the top team boys that stayed back to play and support from the bench, regardless of how long you were there.

Better luck to us next time.

Last edited by Warren Rice on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:44 pm

yeah I enjoyed playing them, had very good sportsmanship (suppose I was expecting the worst after the story's we hear of taki), I felt bad I dropped 2 or 3 of them in the mud now Razz
Nathan
Nathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:50 am

not a bad result given they are top of the league and we were again undermanned. I hope we will have a few players back this week so we can start getting some momentum towards the end of the season.

Im guessing there was a major split at Taki last season with the 'nice guys' as you saw it deciding to go it alone. It was always strange why they were called Taki Kings at the start of the 08 season and then halfway through change their name to Vatukoula and their colour from white to yellow.
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down