Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixtures - Round 9

4 posters

Go down

Fixtures - Round 9 Empty Fixtures - Round 9

Post  Warren Rice Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Division 1 vs North Brisbane @ Brisbane Force, Azalea Street, Richlands (8:30pm KO)

Keith
Ginsy
Ronan
Scotti
Blakey
Patti
Steveo
Rich
Nick
Chris
Ash
Andy
Cokey
Mitch
Mike
Finn
Brian
Matt N
Wombok
Steve M

Division 2 vs Park Ridge Panthers @ Brisbane Force, Azalea Street, Richlands (6:30pm KO)

Phil
Stalks
Nath
Dave
Lachie
Ray
Luke
Bobbie
Luis
Jonno
Paul
Linton
Mike
Justin
Matt F
Mick
Daniel

Last edited by Warren Rice on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 9 Empty Re: Fixtures - Round 9

Post  Steve OMalley Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:24 am

I'm there !

And this week I'm going to make up for that denied hat trick by a dirty cheating goalie who claimed the ball never crossed the line. Never mind Frank Lampard and England, mine was even more clearly a goal !! hehe What a Face
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 9 Empty Results

Post  Warren Rice Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:17 am

Well Gents. There was a change of pace last night. My Div 2 team was all over it. We came out on top with a 2:1 WIN against Park Ridge.

We were sick of the losing streak we've been having so we put into play a change of formation and a new approach to the game after a positive team meeting Wednesday that heard everyone's input. We still have some work to do to perfect our new resolutions, but you have to start somewhere. With a couple more games using this run and some dedication from you lads, we'll get it down pat and keep these wins where they belong.....with us.

The goal scorers were:

Steveo with one after getting a beautiful breakaway from a lovely ball that went clear over the opposition's defences. Then taking the keeper on one-on-one that left him confused and not knowing where to go. Being ready to turn and run is the key.

Justin with one from his long drive two minutes from the end of the game. I have to give some credit to Rich for this also as he took a solo run and fed it forward praying to the Gods that Justin would turn around and see it coming which he did at the last second allowing us to finish one up.

Well done lads. It was a good tight game and you all fought til the very end.

Thankyou all for your efforts and for the help and support from the top team.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  John Rice Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am

Well Steve 'o, you got your goal back mate, well done. Before I go on, I must point out that Patti had a melon smack in the face last night, mate, everyone on the side line felt it with you, hope you are ok.
The positional play on field was good and in the past few weeks, has been getting better and the passing is really improving, but, there is a lot to be desired when it comes to the talking side of things, at times it is good, the rest of the time, you could hear a pin drop. I say this every game gents, its for your mates on field communications that this has got to happen. 'nough said. scratch
Last night was that pissy rain that did not wet the ground but made the ball slippery enough to throw the whole game into disarray and I was very pleased to see that we controlled the ball with the expertise that we needed at the beginning of the season. We are going to need it even more in the next two games as these will be the hardest two games we will have for the rest of the season. This is a good time to mention training. Guys, if you dont train as a team, you will make it harder for yourselves to play together. Half way through the season, third on the table, 2 good games in front of us, and we will go into top spot where we should be, cheers , so lets put in a little more effort at training.
Goals last night were scored by "THUMPER NEUENDORF" and of course "MR YELLOW BOOTS" Ashley. The man of the night had to be none other than the ever relentless "Ronan" who seemed to be everywhere.
Thank you to the div2 guys for there help in backing up from the game prior to ours. For the boys who did not play, I thank you for your support.
I do appologise to you Scotti for not playing you last night but I felt, in those conditions and the pressure of the game and the thought of you maybe injuring your back further, and I know I should have let you make that decision yourself, but when it comes down to it mate, as you could see, I have to make the decision for the team and I did that, would you have had it any other way?
See you all at training Monday night.
John Rice
John Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OMalley Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:54 am

I have to say My Bad to our top team lads, I got a knock early on which kept me off the pace for much of our game. That tackle from behind about 5 mins from half time just made it 100 times worse and I played like a busted arse.
Great to come out with the win though and congrats to Mitch for a screamer to win it. A very well deserved goal for all the effort he's been putting in.

Lets knock custard off their perch this week boys and let em know the Springfield Lads mean business ! Twisted Evil

ps To the div 1 lads, you were epic on friday night and fully deserved that win Very Happy
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:25 am

steveo. no need to apologise mate. I was on the sideline and i could tell you got stuck in. Congrats to the boys on friday, played all over them considering they had a extra man for most of the second half. I knew one of their players and he said we smacked them and also commented that we were one of the sexiest teams in the league. Even though events off the pitch did take my attention away from game for a second like my car being fondled by a local who's depth perception was lacking and kfc chips being handed out by lachie. i thought the game was very entertaining and the fines jar got another kind donation. Boys im probably still a week away so the lads on the bench and our devoting fans beware.
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down