Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield Peace Cup vs Tiger XI

Go down

Springfield Peace Cup vs Tiger XI Empty Springfield Peace Cup vs Tiger XI

Post  Ginsy Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:09 am

Lads,

Team for tomorrow's chearity match is as follows. If you can play please give me a call as EVERYONE will get a run.

Team is required to be at the ground by 1pm (earlier if you can help set-up) and if you have a polo shirt than please wear it!

Kick-off is 2:15pm - any problems call Ryan on 0418 879 091 or Joey on 0405 517 285

Ryan Ginard
Phil Gregory
Rich Hill
Dan Blake
Steve O'Malley
James Stalker
Tom Brunsden
Pat Matchett
Ray Wrobel
Nathan Kaandorp
Keith Hutchinson
Ronan Geoghegan
Mat Britton
Cliff Thompson
Mo Gamble
Dave Shaw
Lachlan Andrews
Troy Lorimer

let's pick up that first piece of silverware!!!

Cheers,

Ryan
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Springfield Peace Cup vs Tiger XI Empty Re: Springfield Peace Cup vs Tiger XI

Post  Ginsy Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:19 pm

ok - we went down 4-1 to a very sharp and organised unit. But i beleive peace was the winner on the day!

In what was bloody hot temperatures we failed to settle down and control the ball on what was a very bouncy pitch. While good in bursts they seemed to have us stretched on the wings with their pace and enthusiasm. One goal turned into 4 in the space of 10/15 minutes and the game was over as a contest (even though one of their goals was clearly a handball)

We had our chances but their keeper was up to the task.

I didnt play the second half so maybe someone could fill us in. I do remember that Mat Britton scored on an impressive debut and Mo had a thunderbolt parried away, but thats all i caught.

If only we got that red bull before the game!
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down