Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield 1 vs Brisbane Force 16/4

3 posters

Go down

Springfield 1 vs Brisbane Force 16/4 Empty Springfield 1 vs Brisbane Force 16/4

Post  andy.nutton Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:54 am

The Springfield Utd 1st team battled well on Friday night with patience and virtue paying off to see a convincing win over Brisbane Force. Full credit has to be given to everyone as we battled through as a team. After going 1-0 up in the first half through some great one touch passing to split the forces defence saw us grow more confident in the game. However, after Force equalised with a goal from outside the box from a corner, saw us lose a grip of the game for the remaining 10-15mins of the first half but the lads did well to battle to half time.

After a shakey start to the second half with being on the back foot for the first 5 minutes, we started to pick the tempo of the game up, with playing good football to feet, making runs through the middle and some clinical finishing scoring 3 in the second half. Force started to tire after chasing shadows and we came through the better side overall.

Friday nights game was a good test for us as opposed to last weeks game. There's still quite a few things that we need to work on as a team as a whole, and any suggestions on where we can improve are encouraged (seeing as our last 2 goals have come from corners, set pieces is a must!). But all in all, this is shaping up to look like a very promising season, everyone seems to be gelling well and we have the foundations to be serious contenders which ever league we are placed in.

LETS BRING ON THE LEAGUE!!!

I don't think there were any injury worries on the night, just Ginsy, who i've been told actually plays like that every week Wink

Friday nights highlights:

Ashleys boots - i've never seen a brighter pair in my life! Cool
Steve O'Malley - for squaring up with the largest guy on the pitch. bom
Andy Nutton - who's balls finally dropped on Friday night. Embarassed

Feel free to add comments... Not sure who the Goal Scorers were on the night, please give details below...
andy.nutton
andy.nutton

Back to top Go down

Springfield 1 vs Brisbane Force 16/4 Empty Re: Springfield 1 vs Brisbane Force 16/4

Post  Patrick Matchett Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:14 am

i think it was Ash 2, Mitch 1, Luis 1
Patrick Matchett
Patrick Matchett

Back to top Go down

Springfield 1 vs Brisbane Force 16/4 Empty Re: Springfield 1 vs Brisbane Force 16/4

Post  Ginsy Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 am

its true Andy - its a very unique style which confuses most medical experts and commentators alike...

great win though boys...clinical when it mattered and did well to not get caught up in the other teams sledging and the itchy yellow card trigger finger of the ref.

my favourite call was from Browny who said "c'mon lads, it's not premier league" - then to be pulled up by the ref saying its a very good quality and he wont have comments like that again haha

cup rd 2 this week. Fingers crossed for a lower div team in the draw Smile
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down