Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixtures - Round 13

2 posters

Go down

Fixtures - Round 13 Empty Fixtures - Round 13

Post  Warren Rice Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Division 1 vs UQ Fifths @ Azalea Street, Richlands (8:30pm KO)

Keith
Ginsy
Ronan
Blakey
Patti
Steveo
Rich
Nick
Chris
Ash
Cokey
Mitch
Mike
Finn
Brian
Matt N
Wombok
Steve M
Andy

Division 2 vs QLD Buffers Utd @ Meakin Park Field 2 (7:30pm KO)

Phil
Nath
Dave
Scotti
Lachie
Ray
Bobbie
Luis
Jonno
Paul
Linton
Mike
Justin
Matt F
Mick
Daniel
Chile
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 13 Empty Re: Fixtures - Round 13

Post  Steve OMalley Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:06 am

Im in Cool
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 13 Empty Results

Post  Warren Rice Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:07 am

Well Gents. I saw some nice football last night. Unfortunately, we finished 3:2 down but it was a close, strong game. It didn't help that our opposition played unnecessarily rough and flew off at the mouth far too much. Because of this, I hope everyone faired ok after a few of you copped a bit of hit and run treatment, especially Mick.

I was happy with the effort across the board, lads. Thank you all. Just remember what I said after the game; don't let your opposition get under your skin. It will give you nothing but trouble. For approx 20 mins of the second half that's exactly what it did give you, trouble. You dropped your heads, dropped your game, and dropped your attitudes. After you all finally calmed down, however, you regained your composure, kept the ball in their half 80% of the time and put one in the net to close the gap. Well done.

Better luck to us next week.

Our goal scorers were: Mike for 1 in the first half, Matt F for 1 in the second half. Well done boys.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - Round 13 Empty Results Con't

Post  Warren Rice Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 am

Gents, at the moment John has no internet. Due to this, could one or more of the Div 1 players please post a write-up or multiple write-ups for last week's game? It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OMalley Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:12 am

The Div 1 lads returned to the winners circle with a 4-1 win over the Uni Fifths.

It seems we are finally starting to get to grips with our new home ground as we displayed some of the passing play we know we are capable of, all be it in patches. Our first goal came from some nice ball movement through midfield, the ball made it's way out to the left channel where I cut inside the defender and tried to pick out the run of Brian who had surged into the box. In a desperate attempt to control the cross field ball with brian screaming in behind him their defender struck the ball with his hand and the ref blew for a penalty.
Ash was given the job and tucked it away calmly for a 1-0 lead. Twisted Evil
The second goal should have arrived only a few minutes later, after tricking my way past the last defender I somehow managed to turn my shot into the side netting. The second did arrive from Ash again not too long after. Again some good lead up play before a deflection landed in Ash's path who hit the ball first time lodging the ball in the bottom corner. With Nick playing a super solid game in the goals we went into half time looking the goods at 2-0.

The second half saw us continue our domination in midfield, aided by our stellar backline with Ronan and Rich especially winning anything in the air or loose on the deck. In a desperate attempt to avoid a potential $100 fine for not scoring this season, Andy Nutton tried to find his shooting boots with some long range efforts. The third goal eventually came about 15mins into the second half, Ash was causing havoc weaving his way towards goal before squaring the ball to me just outside the box. I faked a shot to buy half a yard and struck it low and hard towards goal ..... thankfully it had enough swerve on it to confuse the not so good keeper and it squirmed under his body for a rather fortunate goal.
The fourth came again from the penalty spot, this time after prolonged pressure on the opposition box saw Mike taken down as he tried to go past their last man. The resulting penalty was given to none other than our stellar keeper Nick. His strike was sweet enough for it to land in the bottom corner and we were all made up for a lad scoring his first ever goal Very Happy ..... Mind you Andy was secretly a little upset that he didnt get it !!

Their goal was one of those strange football moments where everyone but the referee stopped as the ball was played to a bloke about seven weeks offside. The only person who didnt see it was the ref. After nearly messing it up they managed to get ball past nick facing a 3 on 1 situation. Ash spurned a bread and butter chance to grab a hat trick as he turned the last defender and raced through on goal. With me providing the option square, the 2 on 1 left the keeper in no mans land - But Ash's usally cool finishing deserted him and the score remained 4-1.

A deserved win I thought, the highlight being a super game from Nick aided by a solid backline and patches of quality passing play along the deck.If we can keep that form up into the finals we have every chance of walking away with the trophy. The only negative was a lack of numbers meaning a few guys had to play injured. SUFC ended the night with a rousing rendition of the club song.

Steve O'Malley
Fox Sports News !

ps Fines to posted in the fines thread. And those who have outstanding fines will be laible for double if they dont pay up soon ! Razz

Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down