Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Report v Western Spirit

Go down

Match Report v Western Spirit Empty Match Report v Western Spirit

Post  Nolan Sun May 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Spirited away. 
I was left speechless as Springfield continued their winning ways with a 5-0 victory of western spirit. While the football was sexy at times my mouth got all tounge tied by the freezing conditions. After deciding to wash my thick jacket during the day I was left lamenting my choice as my thin cotton based jacket was not providing and comfort or warmth. The comfort and warmth was being provided by the boys in blue as Dorfy opened the scoring with his 7th of the season. Springfield were Starting to create more chances than Lindsay lohan has had in the last year and by halftime went 3-0 up with rob" termite" underwood and blakey completing the scoring in the first half. The relief was evident on everyones face as the captains lethal volley dipped over the keeper. His first goal of the season will now see him become a nicer human to be around. 

Unlike a  basic drink package at a wedding the away team included spirit into their second half performance as we found it difficult to put the issue beyond doubt. So their keeper who had been solid throughout casually cleared a ball too his defenders and before he could say "oops" rob underwood had won the ball and expertly lobbed the ball over the embarrassed keeper. Even mark Phillipousis would have been proud of that lob. This galvanised the boys and they quickly turned up the heat on the opposition. Unfortunately the heat wasn't hitting the sidelines as my feet were starting to freeze up just like I use to when I use to ring girls on the home phone in the mid 90's and her dad would pick up. Some fancy footwork from dorfystaire enabled him to get around his defender and put in a tantalising cross which found Rob and he completed a terrific hat-trick. 

The flood gates failed to open but the football was still pleasing on eye as we tried to add to our 5 goals. But the score finished 5-0 and with 3 consecutive wins we sit 4th on the table with only 1 defeat in 9 games. 

Along with the scoreline another pleasing aspect was the chance to see some players get some much needed playing time. All players stuck to their game plan and didn't fall Into the trap of complacency when playing weaker opposition. Special mention must go to Rob Underwood for netting our first metro hat trick. With a log jam in the top 6 the next two games against force will be very important as the second half of the season commences this week. 
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down