Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 16 fixtures...

2 posters

Go down

Round 16 fixtures... Empty Round 16 fixtures...

Post  Ginsy Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:08 am

Lads,

after the horrors of last week and having 19 players out eith injured, sick or inter-state we need to bounce back and show all these teams who's boss. This week we have the following games;

Div 1 vs QLD Buffers 1 (away)

KO 8:30pm – Meakin Park, Soccer Drive, Meakin Road, Slacks Creek

http://www.whereis.com/qld/slacks-creek/soccer-dr?id=73CA765EFFE8C5

Div 3 vs TSA Titans (away)

KO 7:30pm - Western Districts Community Sporting Club, Cnr Oxley and Queenscroft St, Chelmer

let us know if you can make it.

cheers,

SUFC
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Round 16 fixtures... Empty Re: Round 16 fixtures...

Post  Warren Rice Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:47 am

Walking on the field with only 9 of our own players and 2 players lent to us by the Titans, the Ressies had a 5:0 loss last night. A much better result than our last meeting. The Titans did not have an easy win, though. Our guys held them off at 0:0 for the most part of the first half until Tom (I think) got a little anxious in the box and took down a Titan. I did my best to stop the penalty, but with no luck. The second half brought a couple of standard goals and another landed penalty shot with Stalks having a contraversial collision in the box. It also brought one of THE GREATEST own goals I have ever seen, proudly sponsored by Luke. He didn't see me on my way out to grab it, so he made a great attempt to deflect the ball over the bar, but it fell short and slipped in under the bar. From the side line it would have looked like an awesome goal shot if he was wearing a Titans jersey Very Happy .

Around half-time we unfortunately became suspicious of one of the two lent players. It seems he may have begun secretly trying to throw the game. I kept an eye on him for the start of the second half and when I felt the same as my informant, I made a player change to allow his field presence to continue, but that would reduce the risk (thanks Parksy for filling the holes).

Under all the circumstances the Ressies put in an awesome effort and played some beautiful football.

Thanks guys. Well done.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Div 1 got up 5-1. With the injury curse going around the club it was no suprise we only had the bare 11...

It was a must win game for us so we could get out of our mid-season slump and start trying to lock down a finals spot. Although we didnt have the lions share of posession, we definately looked the more dangerous and opened their defence up at will...

last 20 minutes were woeful but that was because we simply ran out of steam.

goals went to Dan Blake (2), Ryan (2) and Dave (1)

tough game next up vs Greenbank at home so for christs sake all you players out - get fit or over the flu!!!
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down