Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Report Feb 12th v Greenbank.

4 posters

Go down

Match Report Feb 12th v Greenbank.  Empty Match Report Feb 12th v Greenbank.

Post  Nolan Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:14 am

Billy ocean's 1985 classic when the going gets tough the gets going was aptly playing on my iPod as I drove home after a tough night at greenbank. 

Due to injuries and unavailability to some of our players the numbers were as tight as our hamstrings were after the game. The first game got off to tough start as we lost Tuan early and he played no further part in the game. 
As we tried to get a sub on, greenbank capitalised on their advantage and took the lead. Not long after the goal  lachlan "bruiser"  Jacobson scored his first goal for Springfield and would double his tally later in the game. Sandwiched between those goals ray and Josh irvine netted with the latter in particular having a great game. A late goal nearly undid all our great work as Springfield held on 4-3 to record our first win for the season. Even though the result was positive it was tough to see David shaw looking on from a stretcher as he suffered a horrible looking knee injury. This illustrated the mighty effort that was put in this first game. 

With only 4 fresh faces added to the squad for the 2nd game, a formation change was implemented to help the boys that were starting their second game for the day. And from the start we looked dangerous and willing as the added quartet helped us nearly take an early advantage. As expected the heavy legs took it's toll as slowly but surely we were losing players to small knocks and cramps. Things got so dire that we chucked on our keeper Brett upfront for the last half hour of the game. Eventually the opposition scored the winner late on but we did have some good chances to level the game. 

The effort and spirit showed by everyone was extremely pleasing and it is a good starting point into developing a terrific team culture. No one shirked their duties and worked well for each other. So even though it was tough, we stuck to the task well and got a lot out of the struggle. Billy ocean would have Been proud. Good work boys. 

Did I mention Josh irvine had a good game? 

Matt Nolan 
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Match Report Feb 12th v Greenbank.  Empty Re: Match Report Feb 12th v Greenbank.

Post  Ginsy Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:13 am

by all reports you did the club proud boys - well done.

No word of the goal celebrations though?
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Match Report Feb 12th v Greenbank.  Empty Re: Match Report Feb 12th v Greenbank.

Post  Nolan Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 am

That's because we were too tired to do any. To be honest the guys are a bit shy, that will change this weekend.
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 am

Don't think I will drink at this club social Laughing
Nathan
Nathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 am

So are you designated driver then Nathan?
Nolan
Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:12 pm

It's just what I always say before these things and I end up getting annihilated Very Happy , but unfortunately I won't be coming got to drive to Sydney on Sunday.
Nathan
Nathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:00 pm

getting married has changed you man...

you'll never see me cave for this very reason haha
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Blake Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:37 am

What's a club social without Nathan getting messy?
Poor form mate! Haha

Great match report matty
Daniel Blake
Daniel Blake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down