Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commercial League - Round 1

+2
Steve OMalley
Joey
6 posters

Go down

Commercial League - Round 1 Empty Commercial League - Round 1

Post  Joey Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:32 am

Both games are scheduled as home games - 1 hour apart (6:30 and 7:30 kick offs) and I'm a little confused.

Can anyone clarify?
Joey
Joey

Back to top Go down

Commercial League - Round 1 Empty Re: Commercial League - Round 1

Post  Steve OMalley Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:50 am

aaaand where are we playing the games ? Our new temporary home ?
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Lads,

apologies firstly for the late notice. It has been a total shit of a day where games have been postponed, the re-organised and so on and so forth. As you could possibly gather from the leagues website there was a couple of teams that withdrew at the last minute and sent the fixtures into chaos.

Tomorrow both teams WILL DEFINATELY be playing. Joey is just completing the line-up's (we had a few last minute pull-outs due to injury, work etc) and i will have these to you ASAP.

The games will be at the following (click links for maps);

Reserves vs Park Ridge Panthers (A) 7:30pm Kick-Off

Hubner Park
Hubner Road
Park Ridge

UBD (260 L16)

http://www.footballbrisbane.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/venue.aspx?popup=1&venueid=1198

Top Team vs UQ (A) 8:30pm Kick-Off

Oval 2
Sir William MacGregor Drive
St Lucia

UBD (351 L7)

http://www.footballbrisbane.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/venue.aspx?popup=1&venueid=1150

again will be in touch soon (tonight) with teams.

For those making there debuts this week you can buy shorts and socks for $25 before the game. If not there will be a couple of weeks grace so just wear as close to navy blue socks and shorts as you can

cheers,

Ryan
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:07 am

top team won 3-2 away to UQ (HT 2-2).

a great effort considering we were down to ten men for about 3/4 of the game and a 15 minute delay when someone turned off the lights and turned on the sprinklers!

Goals to Dan Blake (2) and Reuben

Can someone comment on the ressies game? I understand tt was a 4-2 loss with goals to stretch and Aaron Griffiths on debut.
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Matchett Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:02 am

yeah it was a 4-2 loss to park ridge (we were 2-0 up at HT). Aaron stuck his hand up for goal of the year.

we did pretty well considering we started with 7 on the field and Phil in goals thanks to an unexpected 7:00pm kick off.
Patrick Matchett
Patrick Matchett

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Yes, a very tough start to the season with no pre-game preparation. we basically ran our 7 available players onto the field with no warm up team brief or realistically even having discussed positions. so to go 2 nil up inside the first 20 minutes was a great effort and surprised the opposition, but with a lack of subs and Warren injuring his knee we simply ran out of steam in the second half - and i am still feeling it. a good effort by the ressies. preparation will see better results to come during the season.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Commercial League - Round 1 Empty Reserve's Round 1

Post  Warren Rice Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 pm

G'day Gents.

I hope you all faired well after Friday's game. I personally came out with an old knee injury revisiting me a might stronger than I would've liked and bruised ribs. Those Park Ridge boys certainly weren't playing lightly. However, under the circumstances of kick-off times changing, a small number of us out of practice (including me), and any other circumstances anyone feels contributed, I believe the effort overall was good. We played a strong game and gave those boys a good run. They were feeling it just as much as we were. A loss, yes. But certainly not a great defeat.

See you all at training hopefully so we can get into working out the kinks we have as a team.

Catch ya.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OMalley Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:44 pm

Good win by the top team, we showed glimpses of real class. My appologies to the lads for stupidly trying to come back from injury too soon, you boys had to carry me a bit more than i wanted Sad Im getting frustrated that i still havnt shown my best form yet.
Anyhow a good start to the season atleast !

It's a shame the kick off time stuffed the ressies over, sounds like you stuck it to them though which is positive !
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:31 am

G'day boys,

Congrats to the top team for their win which provides a platform for further improvement this season. There are deficiencies which will be worked out at training but full credit to all the boys who showed excellent character in digging deep to claim the 3 points.

Resilience and character seem to be two themes that go hand in hand with Springfield United as is evidenced in the reports I have received from the reserves.

Let's keep working hard and success will come.
Joey
Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down