Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 3 Results

2 posters

Go down

Round 3 Results Empty Round 3 Results

Post  Warren Rice Sat May 09, 2009 1:36 am

Firstly, well done to the top team for their win. I heard there were a couple of fluke goals, but a win is a win. Well done.

The Ressies felt a 4:0 loss. The second half, though, brought a new and stronger game play allowing our boys to fight back with a greater intensity. No goals were scored in the second half, but some very good attempts were made by SUFC. Great effort Gents.

The early stages of a season, especially for a young club, are for finding your feet as a team and the game plays that make that team a strong force to go into battle. In the most part, I believe we found these things last night. Now, with a little training, practice and time, I believe we can start to make our rise.

I'm the coach calling the shots, yes, but everyone on the field has a different view of the game and I like it when everyone puts their thoughts in to help the team get to where they want to be. Thanks guys for all your input.

I hope everyone faired well after the games. I know there were a few injuries. Keep Joey and I posted about your progress so we can make adjustments if needed and let me know if you have any questions about your injuries. I may be able to offer some helpful info.

Finally, thanks a lot to the top team players that stood in with the Ressies. A hand greatly appreciated.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Results Empty Re: Round 3 Results

Post  Ginsy Mon May 11, 2009 9:06 am

Div 1 came away with a scrappy 4-3 win over Greenbank but maintained their 100% start to the season.

We went down 1-0 after their zippy little number 7 took advantage of our slow start. 2 goals to Ryan Ginard (yes i am speaking objectively and in the third person) settled the team down and then they proceeded to pull ahead further with a goal off Dan Blakes back after a massive deflection from Paulo's original shot.

HT 3-1 with SUFC firmly on top

Suffering from the loss of Stretch in the middle of the park things then got a bit frantic but it wasn't until 20 mins to go that Greenbank pegged a goal back through an Iniesta type goal that gave Nicky Z no chance.

Ten minutes to go and 3-2 then became 4-2 with a discgraceful goal from Steve O'Malley. Disgraceful not in the sense that Steve didnt deserve it or the fact that he finally got some space to go for a run but disgraceful that it was an easy shot to cover and the keeper fumbled it in.

Greenbank then pulled another one back within a couple of minutes but SUFC held on to record their thrid victory in as many games.

next stop Brisbane City Lions...
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down