Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 4 Results

4 posters

Go down

Round 4 Results Empty Round 4 Results

Post  Warren Rice Sat May 16, 2009 2:39 am

G'day Gents.

I hope everyone faired well after last night's events.

As for the Ressies. A 5:3 win (or maybe 6:3, I'm not quite sure). We were preparing to go on with only 10, but Aaron saved the day at the last minute and allowed us to walk on with a full team (no reserves, though). Unfortunately, Joey's mate didn't turn up, but we all held it together like champions for the whole 90mins. There were a few sore players by the end, but as I said, champions.

We played a strong game throughout. Ulrich and I up front were pushing the offside rule quite a bit and got pulled up for it a number of times, but you can't blame us for being eager to get there. We were a little lax in the midfield at the beginning, but turned that around quickly. All lines worked their arses off to the end. We had good passing, calling, assists and generally good teamwork by all. Well done guys. I'm very proud of you all. Let's do the same next round.

Now, I'm not completely sure of who scored what goals so please confirm if you remember. Note though, these goals wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for some good assists and gameplay. I remember Ulrich scored a few, Ray scored 1, I scored 1, and I think Garth or Jeremy scored also. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Finally, I'd like to welcome our Ressie newcomers Ray Park (Parks or Parksy or whatever nick name you give him so we don't mix him up with Ray Wrobel), Garth, and Jeremy. Great to have you aboard.

Take care guys. See you all either at training or next week's game.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Round 4 Results Empty Re: Round 4 Results

Post  Steve OMalley Sun May 17, 2009 3:33 am

Great work on the result guys !!

Unfortunately the top team didnt have the same joy. We went down to a heart wrenching last minute header from a free kick Sad
Final score was 4-3, but we only had ourselves to blame with the goals we conceded. A game we should have won on another day but thats football.

Goals went to Rueben, Junior (i think that was his name, joey will have to confirm) & a solo effort from Paul
Steve OMalley
Steve OMalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Matchett Sun May 17, 2009 5:42 am

a solo effort from paul! that goal was insane! i lost count of how many guys he beat

lucky he scored though coz i really do think that Steve was wide open on that right wing
Patrick Matchett
Patrick Matchett

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginsy Mon May 18, 2009 11:35 am

after a ton of diggin it has been discovered that Div 3 won 6-3

Goals went to Uli Kasper (2), Jeremy Smith (2 on debut!) Ray Wrobel (1) and Warren Rice (1)

cheers,

Ryan
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Rice Mon May 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Hey guys.

Firstly, sorry for not sticking around at training. I'm trying to prevent a cold/flu from gaining any ground so I'll be good for Friday night.

Secondly, and most importantly, an update on the Ressie's final score from last Friday night. I was chatting with a few of my boys at training and it's been confirmed the score was 7:3. Goals going to Ray Park for 1 (Debut game), Ray Wrobel for 1, Uli Kasper for 2, Jeremy Smith for 2 (Debut game), and myself for 1.

So there you have it. It was a better result than we all thought.

Let's continue the ball rolling this week.

See you Friday night.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down