Springfield Utd Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 10 Results

2 posters

Go down

Round 10 Results Empty Round 10 Results

Post  Warren Rice Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:05 am

First, let me start by welcoming our Ressies newcomer, Luke. We're glad to have you and hope you enjoy playing as a member of our team. Thanks Lachlan for introducing him to us.

Well....the Ressies had a 4:1 loss (maybe 5:1, please confirm if you remember) last night. The wind was against us and the cold weather was making us short of breath, but we fought to the very end. It generally takes us the first half to warm up, but once we do the second half brings the game play that makes our opponents think twice about what they're going to do. All we have to do is work on getting that steam built up before kick off.

Overall guys......good effort by all. Thanks.

And thanks to the top team players that helped out. You're support is always welcome.

The goal belonged to Garth (maybe Jeremy, please confirm....I think we need to come up with something to easily tell these two apart) from a header off a corner kick by me. However, I've been told there was an assist by Tom in there somewhere too. WELL DONE!

I hope everyone faired well after the game.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you all Monday night.
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Round 10 Results Empty Re: Round 10 Results

Post  Ginsy Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:51 am

The div 1 lads went down 4-3 to arguably the form team of the division at the moment, Greenbank.

Being down a player for the first half was not the best of starts and im sure this contributed to us going down 2-0 after 5 minutes. But some inspired play from Paul Abbey brought us back to 2-2 at half-time where we had a couple of the lads from div 3 help out.

It was pretty even until the last twenty when a huge error from the referee constituded in a penalty for Greenbank which they duly converted. With heads still reeling we let our guard down and a fourth soon followed.

The last 15 minutes saw our injuries mount up and with the game slowly petering out, up stepped Reuben McGonigle for another and we were back in with a shout...we then hit the post and when Dan Blake went agonisingly close at the death we knew it was not to be our day.

Alot of positives to take out of this game given we had 5 first team regulars out. We finally showed some strength in character after going 2-0 down when previoyus games have seen us capitulate...also given the fact that the majority of the team had ongoing injuries im sure we can dust teams like that come finals time.

Now we need to get back on song and put in a strong showing vs Brisbane City Lions, a team that beat us 4-3 last round.

By all reports, Ressies i think went down 7-1 in the end with a goal or own goal to one of the Smith lads. Can someone confirm either way?

Cheers,

Ryan
Ginsy
Ginsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Rice Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 pm

7:1? Can you tell yet that the final score doesn't hold a lot of weight with me? It's the game play and effort that I judge the team on. Winning is good, but not everything. There's a quote for the website Ginsy.... Very Happy
Warren Rice
Warren Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down